Monday, March 8, 2010

No more excuses...they are lame anyway!

Wow! It has been nearly a month since my last post...I have not excuse other than laziness. I would like to say that I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off or so deep in studying that I did not even have time to think about posting, but that was not the case. Honestly, I have been spending some good quality time with Aaron...and...CSI! We are totally hooked! 2 and a half seasons in 3 months = obsessed!

I have also slacked on my running, which I am really bummed about. I was up to 50 minutes for Saturday runs but after the snow storms here in the 'Burgh and my talent of using that as a reason not to run for far to long, I am back down to 2 30 minute runs and this Saturday will be 40 minutes. At least my race is in September so I have plenty of time to gain the time back.

Aaron and I have been making great head way on our push-ups and sit-ups! I did 6 push-ups in a row the other night! Yay!

On my alone runs (the runs I do without Aaron or a running partner), I really try to take the time to focus on God and thank him for the body he blessed me with. I mean, think about it! So many things could have gone terribly wrong in the past 25 years of my life, not to even get in to while I was being knit together in my mother's womb. Have you thanked God for the body He has blessed you with? When I really think about it and let God speak to my heart, I am mystified at how my legs move, my lungs take in more oxygen, my heart continues to pump, I can see where I am going and hear the birds that are now singing in the trees. It is a beautiful experience when I stop to notice it. Well, on the last half of my run, I had some time with God and He really melted my heart. I am a talker, an asker, a pleader so I decided to just run and listen. Man oh man! God is so awesome! He melted my heart and spoke to me and knew what I needed on that day.

Be sure to take some time to get out in the sunshine! After all the snow we have had here in Pittsburgh, it is nice to see that nothing is falling from the sky and we can feel warmth on our face. I find the sun to be a great reminder of God's love and light He shines in to our life. What is even better is that God's love has not shadows! He reaches to all the dark places and casts out the darkness with His glory, mercy, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment